This imposing stone house from the 18th century with 480 m² of living space and 6000 m² of garden offers you...
Outside: garden, barbecue, 2 outdoor dining terraces, seasonal pool, playground, and private parking.
Inside: the house has: 8 double bedrooms, one of them adapted, 8 bathrooms, 2 of them with a hydromassage bath, 2 toilets, 2 spacious living rooms with dining room and fireplace, and a fully equipped kitchen. All their mattresses are of high quality with a comfort system, hypoallergenic and athermic Its privileged location offers totally clear views of the entire environment and in particular of Monte Calvo.
The perfect combination of all the elements as well as the personalized attention of the Owner make your stay at O Bergando truly special.
Address: Iglesario 15 - Loureiro, 36855 Cotobade - Pontevedra, Spain
Size: 6000.0 m², 8 Rooms, 8 Bedrooms, 10 Bathrooms
Beds: 8 Double beds, 5 Children beds, 8 Queen size beds, 5 Couches
Prices: 50EUR - 520EUR / Night
- WIFI: It has WIFI for the exclusive use of guests, the password is: 131313mar.
- UTENSILS: It has all the necessary elements for cooking, serving and eating (for a maximum of 21 people) see rules of the rural house, point 5. For health reasons we do not leave any ingredients for cooking such as salt, sugar, oil, vinegar … Yes we leave; Dishwasher tablets, and dish soap, enough for the first two days of stay approximately.
- APPLIANCES: It has: dishwasher, large oven, hotplate, gas stove with 3 burners (one of them large) and iron, washing machine and dryer (ONLY for stays longer than 3 nights), iron and ironing table (on request) , microwave, electric kettle, toaster, hand mixer, electric juicer, filter coffee maker, and hair dryer. - BBQ: We have a large stone barbecue near the pool and another mobile barbecue that can be used on the terrace of the house. The rent of the house does not include coal, firewood or ignition stones.
- BED LINEN AND SHOWER: Each of the beds has a set of clean sheets and bedspread, ready for use, as well as a blanket stored in the closet ready for use. Each guest will have at their disposal 1 shower towel, 1 hand towel, 1 bidet towel and a pool towel. Each bathroom has enough shower gel and toilet paper for the first 2 days of stay approximately.
- CAR PARK: The parking area is inside the Rural House, it is not covered.
- HEATING AND CHIMNEYS: The Rural House has a central heating system, which is activated and deactivated automatically as necessary according to the outside temperature. To maintain an ideal or adequate temperature inside the house, it is advisable to keep the doors and windows closed, avoiding drafts and allowing the house to cool down. In the winter season, we enable the two fireplaces that are in the living room. The rental of the House includes the two fireplaces loaded with firewood ready to light and a basket of firewood (2 additional loads of firewood). If the guest wants more firewood, they can buy it at home (EACH BASKET € 4) or buy it on their own at another establishment.
The name of Cotobade could derive from the union of the words "Couto do abade", since the entire region belonged to the old jurisdiction exercised by the superior of the Benedictine Convent of Tenorio.
It is a city hall famous for the worked stone which is reflected in the traditional architecture; large manor houses, rectory and country houses such as that of Bermúdez de Castro in San Xurxo de Sacos. Cobbled paths and bridges connect the different parishes.
O Bergando is located in the municipality of Cotobade-Cercedo, and more specifically in the parish of Loureiro, facing the Sierra do Cando, with clear views, surrounded by nature in a privileged environment, away from the hustle and bustle rushed that we find in the cities, it is therefore a place to disconnect, to find peace and calm, without giving up the internet or the coverage of our phones, so this aspect is under the responsibility of the Client if they wish to keep it connected or quite the opposite.
According to tradition, Cotobade is the land of famous stonemasons who worked throughout Spain and were known by the popular name of "baroque" (this name is related to the architectural style of the same name). Among the most important is the master Cerviño, a native of Augasantas, author of the Hío, Covelo and Ponteareas cruises among others.
A few meters from the House we have the Church of Santiago de Loureiro, in the baroque style. Of the Church we highlight the atrium cross as well as the Via Crucis of which one of its crosses maintains a shaft that resembles a column from another era. There is also a very curious tombstone from the 19th century attached to one of the walls of the church where the legend says that the woman died of grief when she was forced by her family to leave the place for having become pregnant without being married. The tombstone tells us the following: “The remains of the most beloved garment lie here and the eyes cannot be contained from crying to a disconsolate young Florentina García who at 23 years of age passed into eternity. The first day of life was the last of this ill-fated jewel ”.
Next to the church there is a cobbled path that will take us to the abandoned village of Arufe.
The route between Marian shrines "Vía Mariana Luso-Laica" passes through Loureiro, which starts from Braga (Portugal), passes through Santiago de Compostela and ends in Muxía, totaling 382 kilometers.
Also noteworthy are the abundance of water mills on the banks of the Almofrei, Lérez and Barbeira rivers, the water channels and stone washhouses, petos de Ánimas (simple monuments of popular piety associated with the idea of purgatory), frequent on roads and crossroads such as that of O Trebello or that of Famelga in Augasantas.
Caroi's icebox on Monte do Seixo, built to collect snow and keep it for the summer or the “foxos do lobo”, traditional constructions used to hunt the wolf. Those of Corredoira, Carballedo and Valongo stand out.
At the same time, Cotobade has a space belonging to the Natura 2000 Network at its eastern end, the SCI of the Sierra del Cando, included as a Site of Community Interest due to its rich trees and beautiful mountain scenery.
- ESTABLISHMENTS AND SERVICES: In the town of Carballedo, a scarce km from the House we have a tobacconist, Cafeteria, Abanca Bank Branch with an ATM and a pharmacy. Also in Carballedo, there is a Restaurant: Mesón Casa Inés: http://www.mesoncasaines.es/. This restaurant does take away food service, on request, and they usually take the food to the House. There is another restaurant that also offers this service in the area and it is Mamá Lela Restaurant in Paraños; https://www.facebook.com/mamalelacotobade the latter only works on holidays and from Friday to Sunday.
- HOME SERVICES: The baker passes through the House every day, apart from the village bread, typical of the area, you can also order empanadas or sweets. The baker's telephones to request information, prices or make orders are: 986 760 022/986 760 012/600 665 630. It is necessary to notify them if you want them to stop at the House. The Fishmonger also passes twice a week, like the Baker, it is necessary to notify her if you want her to stop at the House, the contact is: 609 693 514 (Pili).
- VISITS / EXCURSIONS: HIKING: There is a route that passes by the side of the House, with several stages, shorter and longer, once at home we can indicate where to start it, we also provide some wikiloc links so that it can be previously evaluated: https: / /es.wikiloc.com/rutas-senijing/cotobade-caroi-8535195#wp-8535199 (Loureiro is where the house is), https://es.wikiloc.com/rutas-senijing/loureiro-15787365, and a route Very well known and valued is that of Foxo do Lobo, https://es.wikiloc.com/rutas-senijing/cotobade-pozo-negro-foxo-do-lobo-13386783, passes close to home. In Atalaia (Cotobade) is the ECOPARQUE and offers group activities such as kayaking on the Lérez River, paintball, rafting ... https://www.aventurariasbaixas.com/es/instalaciones/ecoparques/ecoparque-atalaia PARQUE ARQUEOLÓGICO DE ARTE RUPESTRE (PAAR), in Campo Lameiro, they have activities and guided day and night or free visits, we provide a web link: http://www.paar.es/?lang=gl For snail lovers, you are in luck because in Santa María de Sacos there is the CRIADERO DE "CARACOLES DO GALLO", which have obtained the seal of Galiza quality, if you call and reserve they offer guided tours: http://www.caracolesdogallo.com/ The ASTRONOMIC OBSERVATORY, belongs to the Sirio Association, fascinating to see the stars up close, as in the previous cases it is necessary to request permission or reserve for the guided visit, on the facebook page it details the information: https: // www. facebook.com/pg/Asociaci%C3%B3n-astron%C3%B3mica-Sirio-de-Pontevedra-204469092913417/about/?ref=page_internal